As a global consciousness self-love must be replenished.
We live in a busy, fast-paced world, and we’re often torn between the need to nurture our careers, family, friends, hobbies, our goals, and our dreams. Unfortunately, all of these demands are competing for the same resources: the most valuable commodities known to humankind – time and energy.
Finding balance isn’t easy. The unfortunate truth is that no matter how fair or organized you are with how you spend your time, that time and energy will always be in limited supply. That reality often leads many of us to forego our own self-care in order to compensate.
What’s more is that our productivity, energy levels, and overall ability to manage our time all depend on fuel (and we’re not just talking about food). Let’s face it: most women these days have no extra time to spare and even less time to properly fuel and maintain.
This is no way to live! Your mind, body, and spirit must be properly cared for, because when we don’t give ourselves the experiences and care that allow us to be at our best, we simply can’t be our best. We don’t have the energy to fulfill our potential, and we just don’t feel good about ourselves.
We understand that life doesn’t always allow for us to devote an endless amount of time to self-care, but there is a way to do so without exerting too much extra energy or time, and it is something that you absolutely have to do for yourself. That’s why we’ve put together some simple and quick ways that you can look after yourself on a daily basis to feel your best and get back to living the life you were meant to live.
What Is Self-Care?
Self-care is all about putting yourself and your needs before everything else. It can include everything from eating healthy foods, to exercising, to nurturing your mental health, to simply going out for a coffee date with your friends to mentally unwind. With self-care, if you’re doing something that makes you feel good, that’s what counts!
Too often, as women, we might feel a bit selfish when it comes to taking time away from our obligations to practice self-care, even if just for few moments. We feel like we’re neglecting the other important areas of our lives. That’s not the case.
It can sometimes seem indulgent, but it’s actually quite the opposite. In fact, experts around the world (and for generations) agree that the practice of self-care actually helps us become better people, as it nurtures the mind, body, and soul.
When you take time for yourself, it can improve:
- Overall health
- Stress levels
- Attention spans
- All Relationships, family & friends
- Your ability to parent
- Mindfulness & lifestyle quality
- Overall clarity & energy levels..
These benefits are more than enough reason to start investing in your own self-care.
Quick & Easy Self-Care Tips
Few people have the time to spend hours working out or meditating stresses away, but the good news is that self-care can take as little or as much time as you have the energy to put forth. It can be quick and easy! Here are some simple things that you can incorporate throughout your busy day:
- Check in with yourself each and every day. Just take a moment to breathe, and see how you’re feeling both physically and mentally. Ask yourself what you need in order to feel your best. Daily meditation practice is key; if you’re not doing the most important thing for yourself such as daily meditation ask yourself WHY. The ability to honor your self-love needs is essential, especially for female healers. In today’s society, women are asked to take on more than men often which is why self-love is so important!
- Find your energy boosters. An energy booster can be anything from laughing to stretching to taking a walk, to hugging someone you love, to listening to music – any small, ten-minute act that makes you happy and raises your vibrations. Start building your collection of “go-to” energizers, and reach for them throughout your day. Juicing, exercise, hydrating and eating healthfully on time each day are just a few examples.
- Do something nice for yourself each and every day. Allow yourself some indulgence. Schedule a massage, read a chapter from your favorite book, grab a nice glass of wine, or just say “no” to something that you don’t want to do. Self Love habits include anything from having an Epsom salt & lavender bath regularly to going to the theater with your mate. Feeling emotionally safe is key. Whether big or small, the size doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you follow through. Having the occasional dessert is something you deserve. Remember, we need glucose in other to protect the brain. Book a spa day! Sex is another healthy option if in a loving & safe (on all levels) relationship.
- Learn to say yes to rest. Though you may think there’s no time to spare with your hectic schedule, the truth is that if you don’t learn to rest when you need it, you will crash. When you don’t take mental and physical breaks, you lose productivity, focus, motivation and more. You must learn to wind down. Take those five-minute breaks, rediscover naps, and set a nightly bedtime. You can’t replenish your energy levels if you don’t rest. Aromatherapy is another gem in replenishing as is acupuncture. Locating the correct supplements specifically for your needs is a key factor in maintaining health.
Every woman on-the-go needs to start practicing self-care, and you can start today with these quick and easy tips. It’s all about getting into a rhythm and paying close attention to the fuel that your body craves. Start small, and soon you’ll feel more energized to take on anything that comes your way. All women are healers, all beings are healers it’s the awakening to this innate truth that creates divine freedom.
Do you need additional help with your life, time management, and developing a routine for self-care? If so, Sarah Rain Healing is here to support you in your path to creating a happier, more fulfilling life for yourself. Call (732) 351.8705 to get started today.